The Berliner Glas Group is one of the world’s leading providers of optical key components, assemblies and systems as well as high-quality refined technical glass. More than 1,100 employees at five different locations in Germany, Switzerland and China develop and manufacture products for the entire light-using industry – worldwide. We operate in the markets of the future and work on tomorrow’s key technologies. In order to keep growing dynamically, for our Berlin branch we are looking for a Technical Specialist in High-Tech Production.
In our high-tech small production runs, single part and prototype production, you will support us in the high-precision manufacture of optical components, assemblies and systems made of glass, glass ceramics and ceramics. You could be involved in one of the following areas:
- The grinding and polishing of planar and cylindrical optics or ceramic components
- Quality control of components with various measuring devices e.g. interferometer, callipers, magnifier, as well as the analysis and documentation of the measurement results
- Fine cleaning or assembly of components under cleanroom conditions
- Coating of components at thin-film facilities under cleanroom conditions
- Joining of components to form assemblies – thermal, anodic bonding, glueing, optical contacting
- A successfully completed training as: precision optician, precision mechanic, flat glass mechanic, optician, dental technician, watch-maker, micro-technologist, physics laboratory technician, physical-technical assistant or a similar technical training
- Excellent fine-motor skills
- Meticulous, independent working manner as well as high levels of quality-awareness
- Willingness to work in a three-shift system
- Basic knowledge of German language is required
We are looking for people who will shape the future with us and are capable of motivating themselves and others – for innovative technologies, new challenges and solutions that point to the future. Does this sound like you? Then apply using our online application form, along with information regarding your salary expectations and earliest starting date. We look forward to your application.