A European Photonics and Imaging Cluster
The European Commission has identified photonics as one of the 6 Key Enabling Technologies, with one of the largest markets by the year 2015 (480 billion €) and a technology capable of meeting the challenges facing society at European level.
The aim of the OPTITEC Cluster is to maintain its international position, via:
- enhanced cooperation with European clusters and stakeholders (Italy, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, etc.),
- the constitution of a network of international experts in areas of high market and growth potential (United States, Russia, Asia, India and Israel).
In 2013, the OPTITEC Cluster reinforced its actions aimed at Europe by:
- appointing a full-time representative in Brussels for the purpose of maintaining active intelligence gathering and providing guidance to SMEs for the Horizon 2020p programmes,
- piloting a European project, Open the Access to Life Sciences Infrastructures for SMES - OASIS, to encourage the development of innovative products by SMEs in the field of biophotonics,
- partnering the European project 3P4I on photonics for packaging applications in the food and agriculture industry,
- the launch of a joint inter-cluster action Anticipation H2020 .